PK Construction combines your vision with our expertise, to build a clear, budgeted path to your outcome.
Solutions developed with integrity are the cornerstones of every PK project, and we treat each client as a true partnership. We keep you informed and tell it like it is. This partnership begins before we begin breaking ground on projects to ensure all project elements have been factored in. Our input during pre-construction enables clients to make informed decisions and help tackle challenges in order to set up projects for success.
PK’s partnership approach extends to our relationships with local architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers. Many of these relationships have been established for decades and provide us with greater insight on market conditions to ensure the best value for our clients.
OUR COLLABORATIVE PROJECT DELIVERY (CPD)
PK Construction has developed a three phase approach to project delivery. This approach benefits the owner with comprehensive pre-planning, project documentation, coordination, and value engineering to minimize cost and provide realistic construction schedules.
Each phase has been developed to provide a thorough understanding by the client and design/construction team as to the process and project requirements needed to successfully complete the project.
Phase 1: Preliminary Design & Initial Approvals
- Launch preliminary designs complete with concept site plans, floor plans, building elevations, cross sections and outline scope of the work.
- Review the project budget with the client and provide costing with building systems and alternatives if required, prior to the expense of obtaining completed working drawings and full approvals.
- Provide timelines for construction and identify delivery concerns for any long term equipment or fabricated items.
Phase 2: Final Designs Project Approval & Budget
- Complete final architectural, engineering, mechanical, electrical and process drawings for construction, approvals and building permit.
- Prepare a final detailed cost estimate based on the completed drawings and tender results from trades and suppliers and review all tender results, costs, and final estimates with the owner.
Phase 3 Contract & Construction
- Upon establishing the stipulated sum, the document to be used as a basis of the contract will be the Canadian Standard Construction Association Document.
- Provide the duties of general contractor for the works as detailed in the documents and agreed to contract sum as stated in the above-noted contract.